Women’s Health 101 is an educational program designed to provide comprehensive information and resources on various aspects of gynecological health. With a focus on menstruation, contraception options, and sexual wellbeing, this program aims to empower students by equipping them with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions about their bodies and reproductive health.
Check back soon for workshop dates during the Fall 2023 semester!
What to Expect:
- Engaging presentations by healthcare professionals from Deacon Health and the local community with Q&A sessions to address students’ questions and concerns.
- Discussions on real-life scenarios to facilitate practical understanding by engaging diverse perspectives and experiences related to women’s health.
- Recommended reading lists, websites, online resources, and helplines for additional support.
- A safe and inclusive space for students to ask questions and share experiences.
- Providing students with accurate knowledge to make informed decisions about their health and bodies.
- Boosting self-esteem and confidence by addressing concerns related to menstruation, contraception, and sexual health.
- Facilitating a supportive network where students can connect, share experiences, and learn from one another.
- Challenging societal taboos and stigmas surrounding women’s health by fostering open and inclusive conversations.