The Women’s Center is proud to offer two workshops from the American Association of University Women (AAUW). In these workshops, you will learn how to research your target salary, highlight your accomplishments and find the right words — and the confidence — to negotiate for better benefits and pay. Negotiating increases your potential to earn more — and can make the difference for paying off loans, supporting your family, buying what you want and need and saving for the future.
- One year out of college, women are already paid significantly less than men.
- The gap grows larger over time during a woman’s career.
- Women who work full time take home about 82 cents for every dollar a full-time male worker is paid.
- Unless things change, the pay gap will not close til 2106 — that’s why the AAUW is empowering women nation-wide with salary negotiation skills — and working to change polices and employer culture.
AAUW Start Smart is for college students and recent graduates looking to negotiate their first professional job offer. This two hour workshop is specifically designed to teach you how to negotiate salaries for a new job. You will gain confidence in your negotiation style through facilitated discussion and role-play.
AAUW Work Smart is for working professionals looking for strategies to negotiate job offers as well as raises and promotions. This two hour workshop can help you:
- Determine your personal value.
- Set your target salary and benefits.
- Create your strategy to make your pitch.
- Practice, practice, practice.