Please click on the link above to visit the Pro Humanitate Institute website and apply.
Offered in partnership by the Women’s Center and the Pro Humanitate Institute, Women’s Philanthropy in Action seeks to educate a cohort of students about collective impact and the root causes of social issues that impact women in Winston-Salem. Participants will research, debate, and evaluate grant proposals, and make decisions about granting funds to local programs and initiatives through the Women’s Fund of Winston-Salem. This program is open to undergraduate students who identify as women.
Through Women’s Philanthropy in Action, students will:
- Analyze various traditions of philanthropy within historical and cultural contexts;
- Identify and explain the root causes of social issues that impact women and girls in Winston-Salem;
- Identify individual beliefs, values, and attitudes through reflection;
- Evaluate grant proposals and the community consequences of collective interventions;
- Synthesize diverse perspectives in the face of multiple and even conflicting positions;
- Collaborate with peers in a constructive team climate that facilitates their contributions to positive social change.
In order to participate in this program, students must:
- Apply by February 1, 2016. See application below.
- Contribute $25 to the grant fund. Scholarships are available.
- Attend all meetings. Participants must be on campus 2016.
- Read all grant proposals and vote at the grant-making meeting in September 2016.
For questions, please email Paige Meltzer at email@example.com and/or Marianne Magjuka at firstname.lastname@example.org.